Deadline: 24 October 2018
Open to: anyone from Eastern Europe or Central Asia with proven experience and commitment to civil society in their country or region. This includes experts, researchers, human rights defenders, environmental or urban activists, journalists and members of NGOs and civic-minded groups
Benefits: fully funded three-month research residency
Fellowships are fully funded three-month research residencies in Prague for individuals from Eastern Europe and Central Asia. This includes activists, experts, researchers, and people working on civic-minded projects and social issues in their country or region.
You can use this opportunity to:
• Research challenges, opportunities, and trends affecting civil society and human rights in your country or region;
• Write a book or training manual, policy or analytical paper for the benefit of the people and/or the civil sector in your country;
• Conceptualize and initiate a new project.
Your Fellowship project proposal should aim to reflect and elaborate upon your current work or experience in your home country or region. You should demonstrate how participating in the fellowship programme will aid your work upon returning home, how you will share the knowledge and expertise gained during the fellowship, or how you plan to develop cross-country or regional collaborative projects and networks.
Fellows must be from Eastern Europe or Central Asia countries and be involved with civil society, journalism, or social issues in their country, through either work, research or activism. They expect applicants to have a proven and solid track record of work in the civil sector or journalism, with enough experience to conduct and finalize a three-month project.
- The Prague Civil Society Centre will cover travel costs, modest living expenses, as well as visa assistance;
- Fellows are provided with a shared office space with internet connection and meeting facilities.
How to apply?
There are two stages to sending your application:
- Stage one: Complete the survey
- Stage two: Download and email the fellowship application form with a copy of your CV.
For more information please visit the official website.