Deadline: 26 October 2019
Open to: every holder of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in international development, politics, international relations, social sciences or communications
Benefits: monthly stipend of USD 1,200
At CIVICUS the focus is simple: to strengthen civil society and citizen action for a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. They do this by defending civic freedoms and democratic values; strengthening the power of people to organise, mobilise and take action; and empowering a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society.
They seek to defend civic freedoms and enable civil society participation in decision making. They strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South, and have a growing alliance of more than 4000 members in more than 175 countries.
CIVICUS is looking for a young, dynamic and organized intern to coordinate the 2019 Youth Assembly and to engage the CIVICUS youth community online and during the event.
The internship is expected to take place over a 6-month period starting from 15 November 2018 until 15 April 2018.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in international development, politics, international relations, social sciences or communications;
- Strong understanding of the role of civil society and citizen action;
- Excellent proficiency in social media and online community building;
- Some previous experience in building and managing relationships;
- Some previous experience in communications, planning and/or event management;
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency in Serbian particularly desirable;
- Excellent Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in international development, politics, international relations, social sciences or communications;
- Proficiency in an additional language (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, or Mandarin);
- Volunteer role in youth communities or organizations.
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of USD 1,200.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV, a short cover letter outlining their aspirations, availability and suitability for the role and the contact details of two referees to [email protected] before 26 October 2019.
For further information please visit the official webpage.