Deadline: 13 January 2019
Open to: anyone aged 21-28 who wishes to deal with conflict management, during his/her own personal professional growth & holder of a bachelor degree
Benefits: cost of the training activities in Rondine; lodging and board; cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation)
The mission of Rondine
The Association Rondine Cittadella della Pace, based in Italy, has been working for peace and dialogue for 20 years. Utilizing an original training approach, the program aims at promoting conflict transformation through the experience of young people coming from different cultures or conflict and post-conflict areas.
What is World House?
The World House is an international experience of civic engagement for conflict transformation. It takes place through the experience of cohabitation with other students and through daily activities. This is central part of where the education process and training take place – learning in living.
It is now possible to apply to the current training program which will run from July 2019 to June 2021 and is divided into three main areas: daily life, trainings and academics. All areas are strongly oriented toward the principles and values of Rondine’s mission:
- In the daily context, through cohabitation with others, the participant has to practice respect for the other as a person and is asked for responsible participation in the educative processes.
- In the training context, divided into series of activities aimed at deepening personal competences and soft skills such as leadership, communication, storytelling, team building, active learning and etc.
- In the academic context, through the work on a master’s degree or other type of vocational training courses at the main universities or institutes in Central Italy (Tuscany, Umbria), the participant will complete the personal study curriculum started in his/her country, getting prepared for the job market with greater sensibility and focus on social changes
Participants will be selected among candidates showing the following characteristics:
- Ages between 21- 28;
- Holder of a bachelor degree;
- Sensibility and readiness to work on the topics of conflict of the country of origin and conflicts in general;
- Predisposition to leadership;
- Predisposition to public speaking and communication;
- Predisposition to team and group work and active listening;
- Predisposition to taking on roles of responsibility;
- Predisposition to team building and active involvement;
- Predisposition to civic engagement and volunteering;
- Predisposition to entrepreneurship and social innovation;
- Project-oriented attitude, aiming at implementing social projects upon return to his/her home country;
- Knowledge about civil society and the non- profit sector;
- Sensibility about global sustainability or at least about some of the following topics: climate change, cooperation, welfare, civil and social economy;
- A wish to deal with conflict management, during his/her own personal professional growth.
During the whole period of the participant’s stay, the association takes responsibility of covering the following costs:
- Cost of the training activities in Rondine;
- Cost of the lodging and board;
- Cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation).
Expenses under the responsibility of the student include: expenses for the travel to/from Italy and visa procedures, holiday travels, personal and medical expenses and every other cost not specifically included among the expenses covered by the Association.
How to apply?
For further information, please visit the official website.