Deadline: Middle East: 3 March 2019; South Caucasus: 10 February 2019; Balkans: 10 March 2019; Nigeria: 17 March 2019
Open to: participants between the ages of 21 and 28 years old, from Balkans, Middle East, Russian Federation (including North Caucasus), South Caucasus and Nigeria
Scholarship: cost of the training activities in Rondine, Cost of the lodging and board, Cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation)
Rondine Association, based in Italy, has been working for peace for 20 years. Utilizing an original training approach, the program targets young people coming from different cultures or from countries in conflict areas and aims to teach them to understand their own conflict and accept living with their enemy.
The World House is an international two years’ experience of civil commitment for conflict transformation. It takes place through the experience of cohabitation with other students and through daily activities. This is a central part of where the education process and training take place learning in living.
It is the core of the Citadel, where many innovative courses and projects are explored, and where the young participants are consciously prepared to become leaders, in a context of fast transformation, deep change, high stake conflicts and increased complexity of relations. It is
the place where the promotion and the diffusion of the mission of Rondine begin.
It is now possible to apply to the current training program which will run from July 2019 to June 2021 and is divided into three main areas: daily life, trainings and academics. All areas are strongly oriented toward the principles and values of Rondine’s mission:
Participants will be selected among candidates showing the following characteristics:
- Ages between 21- 28;
- Sensibility and readiness to work on the topics of conflict of the country of origin and conflicts in general;
- Predisposition to leadership;
- Predisposition to public speaking and communication;
- Predisposition to team and group work and active listening;
- Predisposition to taking on roles of responsibility;
- Predisposition to team building and active involvement;
- Predisposition to civic engagement and volunteering;
- Predisposition to entrepreneurship and social innovation;
- Project-oriented attitude, aiming at implementing social projects upon return to his/her home country;
- Knowledge about civil society and the non- profit sector;
- Sensibility about global sustainability or at least about some of the following topics: climate change, cooperation, welfare, civil and social economy;
- A wish to deal with conflict management, during his/her own personal professional growth;
- Please, note that Italian is the official language for communication and activities in Rondine. For this reason, the program starts with a 3-month intensive course of Italian language and culture;
- Knowledge of English is also required for profitable participation in the Rondine training;
- On a comparable assessment of the previous characteristics, the presence of a candidate’s sponsorship by a legal entity such as foundations, NGO’s or other non-profit bodies are an added value;
- Sponsorship has to demonstrate relatedness to topics close to Rondine’s and actual support – even financial, to the candidate.
During the whole period of the participant’s stay, the association takes responsibility for covering
the following costs:
- Cost of the training activities in Rondine;
- Cost of the lodging and board;
- Cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation).
Expenses under the responsibility of the student include: expenses for the travel to/from Italy and visa procedures, holiday travels, personal and medical expenses and every other cost not specifically included among the expenses covered by the Association.
A more detailed description of the economic aspects will be part of the learning and participation agreement that the candidate will be asked to read and sign before the start of the trial period.
How to apply?
For further information, please visit the official website.