Deadline: 21 November 2018
Open to: applicants must be between 18 and 23 years old and a citizen of any of the participating countries or regions
Benefits: fully funded
G(irls)20 is coming to Japan for the 10th annual Global Summit. 20+ young women from around the world will arrive in Tokyo for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Delegates contribute the economic and social issues facing girls & women in their countries to a Communiqué delivered to world leaders in advance of the G20 Summit and leave the Summit with increased confidence, new skills, and a global network that will allow them to make change as a community and global advocates!
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
The week-long summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills — from Emotional Intelligence to Strategic Planning;
- Panels and speeches on the key issues facing girls and women globally — with an emphasis on digital inclusion and financial inclusion;
- Developing a Communiqué to G20 leaders, with recommendations based on the delegates unique experience and expertise;
- Networking receptions with movers and shakers in the public and private sectors;
- Building a network of female mentors from the across the public and private sectors;
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 20+ young female leaders from around the world.
- Must be 18 years old to apply, and must not be older than 23 years old in May 2019. Date of birth must be between May 30, 1995 – January 1, 2001;
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport;
- Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions:
G20 Members: • Argentina • Australia • Brazil • Canada • China • France • Germany • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Republic of Korea • Mexico • Russia • South Africa • Turkey • United Kingdom • United States • European Union
Participating Regions: • Pakistan • African Union • MENA (Includes: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen)
G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Tokyo from their nearest major city;
- Transportation to and from the airport in Tokyo;
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate;
- All meals during the week;
- Costs associated with travel visa.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must fill in an application form.
For more information please visit the official website.