Deadline: 21 December 2018
Open to: university professors from all around the world
Benefits: visiting professors – honorarium of 700 EUR + travel, accommodation and meals
University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”– Prishtina International Summer University (PISU) is organized by the University of Prishtina in cooperation with various donors and partners. The aim of PISU is the creation of direct links to regional and international universities as well as the advancement of the methodology of teaching and the increase of scientific research capacities. The Prishtina International Summer University gathers academics, professors and students from all around the world aiming thus the mutual exchange of their academic experiences and offers the possibility to learn more about Kosova.
The University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” will organize the 19th edition of Prishtina International Summer University, which will be held from 08-19 July 2019. It will be offering 13 credited courses covering a wide range of study fields such as social sciences, law, economics, arts, education, medicine, engineering, linguistics, agronomics, archaeology etc.
The hosting university, University of Prishtina defines selection criteria. Generally speaking, course proposals matching with or adding to the course suggestions provided by the university departments (based on their priorities and needs) have a substantial chance of being accepted. Additionally, departments are especially interested in hosting international teaching faculty who have the intention to develop future institutionalized co-operation with the UP. Furthermore, if no appropriate local counterpart, i.e. co-professor can be appointed for your course, the PISU Committee may prefer to select a different course/visiting professor, even though your application material is of high quality.
- Selected visiting professors will be paid a modest allowance 700 EUR (gross) for the whole course;
- The UP does not cover costs for (additional health, molest or travel) insurance. The UP has no obligations concerning social and/or health. Please also check the validity of your health and travel insurance for Kosovo;
- Once you have been selected as a visiting professor, PISU staff will purchase your ticket as soon as possible in order to contain the expenses made for travel reimbursements (during previous years late bookings resulted in extraordinary high prices for airfare). In case of impossibility of PISU staff to provide you with tickets, you can purchase your ticket. Any costs that are not reasonably related to travelling to the UPISU directly will not be reimbursed, e.g. unnecessary long stop overs, and subsequently, high hotel costs;
- PISU staff will make housing arrangements. Visiting professors will stay in a dormitory. Accommodation costs will be covered by the organization. The organization will arrange accommodation to cover your teaching period, plus 3 days preceding and/or following your teaching period if necessary (depending on the dates of your arrival and departure);
- Three daily meals provided at the student restaurant.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must fill in the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.