Deadline: 31 January 2019
Open to: applicants of all ages worldwide
Benefits: main award worth GBP 80,000 and a runner-up contribution of GBP 15,000
The Film and TV Funding Award is awarded annually to an emerging filmmaker from anywhere in the world with the most promising pitch for a director-led documentary which fulfills the core criteria detailed below. The Whickers Film and TV Funding Award is one of the most significant documentary awards in the world.
The Whickers were established in 2015 to fund and recognize original and innovative documentary. They seek to use the generous legacy of our namesake, pioneering broadcaster Alan Whicker, to support emerging film and audio documentary-makers in the production of authored programmes and to recognize exceptional audio that has already been broadcast. The Whickers are comprised of three annual awards: the Film & TV Funding Award; the Radio and Audio Funding Award; and the Documentary Audio Recognition Award.
- Must be the filmmaker’s first 50+ minute documentary film where they own the director or co-director credit;
- Open to filmmakers from anywhere in the world. We encourage international filmmakers to apply;
- Projects must be at the late development or early production stage at the time of applying – this is not a finishing fund;
- Must provide proof of company viability. Award money will be paid into a registered company account in installments; award money cannot be paid to an individual;
- Up to six minutes of original taster footage is required at the time of applying;
- Must be accessible for an English-speaking audience – whether in the English language or subtitled in English;
- Applicants must have an executive producer on board at the time of applying;
- Should they be shortlisted, applicants must be available to travel to the UK in mid-June 2019 to pitch their project at Sheffield Doc/Fest.
A main award worth GBP 80,000 and a runner-up contribution of GBP 15,000.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must register an account.
For more information, please visit the official web-page.