Deadline: for the October-February traineeship,apply in June;for the March-July traineeship,apply in November
Open to: anyone over the age 18 holding a university level diploma
Venue: European Parliament Secretariat
In order to contribute to EU citizens’ European education and vocational training and to provide insight into the work of the institution, the European Parliament offers different types of traineeships in its Secretariat. The traineeships are open to all candidates, without distinction as to geographical, racial or ethnic origin, political, philosophical or religious beliefs, age or disability, gender or sexual orientation and without reference to their civil status or family situation.
The purpose of “Schuman” traineeships is to enable trainees to supplement the knowledge which they acquired during their studies and to familiarise themselves with the activities of the European Union, in particular of the European Parliament.
In order to be eligible for the Schuman Traineeships, you must:
- be aged 18+;
- fulfill the language requirement;
- provide a university-level diploma(s);
- provide an eligible criminal record;
- not have worked for more than two consecutive months within an EU institution or body;
- not have carried out a visiting junior or senior academia six months prior to the beginning of the traineeship.
How to apply?
In order to apply for a traineeship offer, you must follow a simple two-steps application procedure:
In order to create an account, I must:
- visit the Traineeship offers main page;
- select an offer that I would like to apply for;
- click on the button Apply online;
- complete the New registration form with my personal data.
In order to apply for a traineeship offer, you must:
- select an offer that you would like to apply for;
- log in to your account;
- upload your CV (only Europass Format);
- upload a motivation letter per traineeship offer (maximum one page).
You can only apply for 3 traineeship offers per campaign.
For further information, please visit the official website.