Deadline: 15 December 2018
Open to: PhD candidates who have completed the doctoral qualification stage and post-doctoral and senior scholars in archaeology, art history, heritage, and history of Anatolia
Benefits: monthly stipend and other benefits
Koç University invites applications for PhD, Post-Doctoral, and Senior Fellowships at Koç University’s Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (ANAMED). Additionally, several Joint Fellowships with specific application criteria are available as well.
All ANAMED fellows are expected to devote themselves full time to their research projects, to be active members of Koç University’s academic community, and, for full-year fellowships, to give two lectures on their work during the course of the year.
- Applications focusing on the archaeology, art history, heritage, and history of Anatolia from the Neolithic through the Ottoman eras are welcome from scholars of these and allied disciplines, including those that focus on the management, conservation, and presentation of the past.
- PhD candidates who have completed the doctoral qualification stage and post-doctoral and senior scholars in relevant fields can apply for fellowships.
- An applicant who has completed or expects to complete her/his PhD (including the defense, viva voce, and/or final public examination) before the fellowship term begins should apply for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship. In cases where the PhD degree is granted after the application has been submitted but before the fellowship term begins, the applicant is required to submit a copy of the doctoral diploma (and/or final transcript) to the Fellowship Coordinator before the fellowship term begins. If the applicant fails to complete the PhD before the fellowship term begins, the Post-Doctoral Fellowship will be cancelled.
- An applicant who has applied for and is awarded a PhD Fellowship and who successfully completes her/his PhD during the ANAMED fellowship year will be allowed to complete the full term of the fellowship but will not be eligible for an upgrade to a Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
- Koç University PhD students are not eligible for ANAMED PhD Fellowships. Graduates of Koç University PhD programs, however, may apply for Post-Doctoral and/or Senior Fellowships.
- Applicants may not apply for both Regular/Joint Fellowships and Short-Term Fellowships in the same year.
- Applications from scholars of all nationalities are encouraged, yet fellows must be proficient in English, the language of instruction at Koç University.
- A monthly stipend calculated by Koç University each year to cover most local expenses not covered by the fellowship;
- Accommodation at ANAMED’s residential facility in the center of Beyoğlu, Istanbul;
- Five meals per week;
- Transportation to and from Turkey;
- A modest research budget;
- Health insurance;
- Residence permit;
- Full access to the ANAMED Library, its library services, affiliates (via BiblioPera), and online resources;
- Full access to lectures, symposia, and other activities at ANAMED and on the main Koç University campus;
- Museum cards.
How to apply?
In order to apply you must fill in the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.