Deadline: 16 December 2018
Open to: a student in the final year of a Master’s degree at University or an equivalent institutes or have just graduated
Benefits: approximately EUR 2,300 per month
Are you about to take your finals? Or do you already have your Master’s degree? If so, then you can apply to ESA as a ‘Young Graduate Trainee’ (YGT). This high-caliber programme lasts for one year and gives successful applicants an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the development and operation of space missions.
Every year, we publish about 100 YGT job opportunities, aimed mainly at engineers and scientists, graduates in Information Technology, Natural or Social Science and Business.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
- A student in the final year of a Master’s degree at University or an equivalent institutes or have just graduated. Candidates are required to have completed their Master’s degree by the time they start work at ESA;
- A citizen of one of the following Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, th Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Slovenia, as an Associate Member, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia as European Cooperating States (ECS).
- Gain valuable experience that can qualify you for the many exciting opportunities within Europe’s space industry, renowned research institutes and, of course, ESA;
- A diverse and international environment;
- One year contract;
- Approximately EUR 2,300 per month (exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States); the exact amount will depend on the location of the ESA Establishment;
- Expatriation allowance, plus an installation allowance on arrival for those not resident in the country to which they are assigned
- Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (including travel expenses for spouse and children if they reside with the trainee during the contract);
- 2.5 days paid leave per month;
- Health cover under ESA’s Social Security scheme.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you first have to register and create your candidate profile with your CV and motivation letter.
For more information, please visit the official web page.