Deadline: 8 February 2019
Open to: applicants currently pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field
GOOGLE is offering a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also to collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google Engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another. They focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges. As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those which support key functions of our engineering operations. Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas:
- Product and Systems Development;
- Engineering Productivity;
- Site Reliability.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering;
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies;
- Collaborate on scalability challenges involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field;
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java or Python.
- Returning to a degree program after the completion of the internship;
- Research experience in the following areas; Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking and/or Systems;
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
How to apply?
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on the official page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.