Deadline: 31 December 2018 at 12 noon (Central European Time).
Open to: students currently enrolled in a bachelor or master (or combined) program whose expected graduation date is earliest in spring the year after the fellowship.
Benefits: monthly allowance of around EUR 1536.97
The Computer Science Department at ETH offers a new and interesting program that allows undergraduate and graduate students to obtain research experience in their department during the summer months. The program is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship program at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in one of the available areas:
- Data Management and Machine Learning;
- Information and System Security;
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing;
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems;
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering;
- Theory and Algorithms;
- Visual Computing.
The program will take place from 1 July to 31 August 2019.
You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following:
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics);
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2020 or later;
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2019 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition);
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the documents provided. The last step of the application process may include an interview conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
- Monthly allowance of around EUR 1536.97;
- The amount provided covers housing- and living costs;
- Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well;
- Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
How to apply?
In order to apply you need to register with SiROP here.
Check the full list of the required documents here.
For further information, please visit the official webpage.