Deadline: 15 January 2019
Open to: applicants with a strong Masters in economics (ideally from a two-year program)
Benefits: monthly grant of EUR 1,900 and a comprehensive further scientific qualification at one of Germany’s best economics faculties
In honor of Prof. Dr. h.c. Roland Berger, the Friends of the ifo Institute (Society for the Promotion of Economic Research) are awarding the Roland Berger Doctoral Scholarship, to be filled with a Ph.D. student (m/f), 75%, by January 1st, 2019 (or later) at the ifo Center for Industrial Organization and New Technologies.
The ifo Institute is one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes and is renowned for its research activities, its policy advisory work and its international services. It promotes internationally recognized research in the field of economics by providing intensive training for junior economists.
- Working on research projects in the field of empirical industrial, innovation economics and/or the economics of digitization;
- Completing a PhD in economics at the Chair of Center Director Prof Dr Oliver Falck at the LMU;
- Participation in the structured doctoral student training program run by the LMU’s Graduate School of Economics.
- A strong Masters in economics (ideally from a two-year program);
- Sound knowledge of the theoretical principles of economics, relevant empirical methods as well as applied industrial and innovation economics;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Good German language skills.
- Comprehensive further scientific qualification at one of Germany’s best economics faculties and involvement in the policy-oriented empirical economics research of one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes, as well as the opportunity to acquire enriching international experience;
- The Roland Berger Doctoral Scholarship comprises a monthly grant of EUR 1,900 and is limited to three years;
- There is the option of an extension by the Institute until you finish your doctorate.
How to apply?
Please submit your completed application under reference number 2018-020 INT-DOK preferably via email to:
ifo Institute – Leibniz-Institute for Economic Research at the Univrsity of Munich
E-Mail: [email protected]
Please send your covering letter, curriculum vitae and certificates as a single pdf file.
For further information, please visit the official website.