Deadline: 28 February 2019
Open to: applicants with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education who are nationals of a World Bank member developing country or ADB borrowing member
Venue: University of Tsukuba, Japan
The PEPP Curriculum aims to educate participants who will devote themselves, in their professional life, to vigorous participation in the activities related to the economic and social development of their own countries and regions. These include policy-making positions in government and other institutions of interest, as well as research, teaching and training positions in academic and educational institutions. In all of these cases, we expect participants in the Program to assume leading roles in the development of their countries and regions.
To be eligible for applying to WB/ADB scholarships, you must fulfill the general requirements and the criteria by scholarship.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is highly recommended;
- Note: Those applicants who have completed their university education in countries where formal schooling lasts less than 16 years, who are at least 22 years old, and who have spent at least one year in a research or similar institution, may qualify to apply by filling out and submitting the provided form (Certificate of Research Activities);
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English communication skills by submitting either of the following: Score of standardized test such as IELTS / TOEFL / TOEIC or o
- Demonstrate verbal and quantitative skills by submitting either of the followings: Score of a standardized test such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or other evidence such as a letter from the university or current working place, as deemed appropriate by the Graduate School;
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
Check if you meet criteria by scholarship on the official web page. Only applicants who fulfill eligibility requirements of both scholarships can apply to both JJ/WBGSP and ADB-JSP.
Students who have been given scholarship grants by the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) will enjoy the following benefits:
- Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance for each one-way trip;
- Full tuition and fees;
- A monthly living stipend;
- National health insurance;
- Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship, etc.
How to apply?
1. Check if you meet all application requirements above.
3. Go to our Online Application System to start application process.
For further information, please visit the official website.