Deadline: 8 January 2019
Open to: outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging and developing economies who have recently (in the last 5 years) founded a startup
Venue: Berlin, Germany
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded six-month programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. The programme kicks-off with the Westerwelle Young Founders Conference in Berlin taking place from 2 to 6 April 2019. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other as well as the German startup scene and support the participants with workshops on a variety of business topics.
What is the Westerwelle Foundation?
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding was established in 2013 by Dr. Guido Westerwelle, former German Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Ralph Dommermuth, CEO and Founder of United Internet AG in Berlin, Germany. The foundation supports collaboration that transcends borders: between young entrepreneurs, executives and decision makers from around the world. The Foundation globally connects people and ideas and creates spaces for interaction and innovation.
They are looking for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging and developing economies who have recently (in the last 5 years) founded a startup and are looking for opportunities to network and strengthen their business skills to participate in the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2019 and attend the Young Founders Conference from 2 to 6 April 2019 in Berlin, Germany
What does the Programme offer?
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene and strengthen the entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation),
- A personal mentor – an experienced entrepreneur who will function as a sparring partner with whom to discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities,
- Monthly peer mentoring calls to share knowledge and support each other,
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales),
- The Young Founders Network – a strong alumni network to connect with other Young
Founders, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges,
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media
channels and our networks,
- Assistance beyond the programme as we remain a contact person and will help in finding experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings or celebrate successes.
How to apply?
In order to apply you must fill in the application form.
For more information and the eligibility requirements please see the official web page.