Open to: citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country
Benefits: fully funded
Applications for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2019 are now open. Click on your preferred subject area below to apply:
- Arts and humanities
- Medicine, health and life sciences
- Physical sciences, engineering and mathematics
- Social sciences
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships give talented students from anywhere in the Commonwealth the opportunity to gain a Master’s degree, while developing new skills, experiencing life in another country, and building their global networks.
The scholarships are named in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron, and are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments.
By 2025, the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship scheme will have created opportunities for up to 150 future leaders, by offering fully-funded scholarships at leading ACU member universities in low and middle income countries (LMICs) across the Commonwealth.
Scholars will join an active international alumni network of more than 35,000 individuals who have benefitted from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers, and will contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth.
You need to meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply:
- Be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country;
- Have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate course).
Award recipients receive:
- Tuition fees;
- A living allowance (stipend);
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country;
- An arrival allowance;
- A research support grant – on request only; subject to approval.
How to apply?
- Check the website to see which universities and countries offer courses in your
- Identify a host and course to learn when the application window will open
- Identify two referees for your application
- Apply online at www.acu.ac.uk/qecs
For more information, please visit the official web page.