Deadline: 25 January 2019
Open to: experienced candidates in the field (costumer service or client-related functions)
Benefits: annual salary (Net of tax)\: CHF68,605 (plus dependency allowances)
The Finance Division plays the vital role of managing and safeguarding WIPO’s financial resources in compliance with financial policies, accounting standards and legal regulations. As the key focal point for finance and payment-related queries, the Finance Infoline Team provides services from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., and ensures that customers of WIPO’s Global IP systems receive appropriate assistance on financial matters in a timely manner.
The incumbent provides advice and information in relation to financial queries from customers and internal WIPO services and carries out a range of financial support activities in support of the Income Section.
The incumbent works under the primary supervision of the Infoline Team Leader and reports to the Head of the Income Section for activities relating directly to the work of the Section.
The incumbent will be in regular contact with a range of colleagues across WIPO, customer service points, financial institutions and national IP Offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
- Respond to queries of a financial nature received by phone, e-mail or web chat from customers or internal WIPO services; clarify complaints, determine the cause of the issue, select and explain solutions, expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution;
- Follow a systematic approach when resolving issues and record outcome and follow-up for monitoring and quality improvement purposes, using a range of data management and information tools; provide feedback to team leader on recurring issues or queries; record observations on process effectiveness and efficiency and make recommendations for change to team leader to enhance service quality;
- Liaise with other WIPO business services, national IP Offices and third parties or financial institutions and ensure that all inquiries are resolved satisfactorily and according to agreed standards;
- Participate in the processing and maintenance of customer accounting records;
- Facilitate the matching of customer information with accounting, operational or financial data and verify or correct errors;
- Assist with maintaining the knowledge and customer database (FAQs, standard replies, contact pages, etc.) and communication-related tools to ensure continued provision of reliable information;
- Liaise with the Infoline Team Leader on issues or enquiries when appropriate for further action or escalation;
- Contribute to customer service improvement projects and initiatives including updating performance measures and statistics;
- Regularly participate in customer service training to ensure skills are maintained and up to date; share knowledge and cultivate good cooperation and teamwork amongst colleagues within and outside the team;
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completed secondary education;
- At least three years’ experience in customer service or client-related functions;
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
- Experience working with an ERP system, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience with ticketing or call tracking systems;
- Finance/accounting experience;
- Knowledge of French, any other official UN languages and/or German.
- Annual salary (Net of tax)\: 68,605 CHF;
- 7,939 CHF per year for dependent spouse; 6,398 CHF per year for each dependent child.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more detailed information, please visit the official webpage.