Deadline: 13 January 2019
Open to: EU citizens between 18 and 35 years old
Benefits: travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR, food and accommodation is fully covered and participation fee is on a voluntary basis
The “Staring at Goats” project will feature a Spring School, which will take place in Mühlhausen, Germany from 06.03. – 13.03.2019.
WHAT IS THE PROJECT ABOUT?
“History does not repeat, but it often rhymes.” – Mark Twain (attrib.)
The project aims to counter today’s surge of revisionist, far-right political movements by developing and conducting a campaign that combines modern tools and methods of the No Hate Speech Movement with history education.
Over the course of 13 events and an online campaign in Croatia, Estonia, Germany, Greece and Portugal, the project will showcase how propaganda and scapegoating have been used over the course of the past century to vilify minorities and influence the course of history in ways that have and continue to cause harm.
THE SPRING SCHOOL
During the Spring School, from March 6th – 13th, 45 participants from the EU will develop and create the project’s online campaign that will include feature images, online comics and video material.
The Spring School will consist of two phases, the first focusing on the historical background and methods of history education, and the second on the creation of different material for the campaign. It will be conducted by a team of project managers, facilitators and artists from the five partner organisations.
- Between 18 and 35 years old;
- Living in or citizen of a EU 28 (incl. UK) country;
- Interest or professional background in the history of the 20th century, the history of media/propaganda, remembrance and history education;
- Interest or professional background invisual media (images/pictures/comics/video) or storytelling through visual means (previous work with media in conjunction with topics of history/remembrance is a plus);
- Previous experiences in non-formal education (required) and activism/online campaigns (desired);
- Full professional command of English as a working language on complex issues;
- Technical affinity and ability to work in highly diverse/international environments and teams.
Travel costs will be covered up to 275 EUR, food and accommodation is fully covered and participation fee is on a voluntary basis.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.