Open to: experienced individuals with knowledge and experience in social campaigning, and communication
Benefits: employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included)
TechSoup is a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. The overriding concern is to help civil society organizations benefit from technology to achieve their missions. They support nonprofits across the globe by providing ICT resources, organizing and providing access to data, convening activists, and sharing knowledge.
The Community Builder and Communication Specialist will be responsible for building and sustaining communities online and offline, developing interaction, dialogue and action around subjects relevant to youth and civic engagement. This role requires experience in multi-stakeholder communications, online and offline social campaigning, organizing and facilitating events, gatherings, workshops, camps, and meet-ups. This is a role tied to a TechSoup Europe project RAGE, which requires close cooperation with project partners’ organizations from Poland, Greece, and France, as well as the lead project manager.
This position requires flexibility and travel in Europe and internationally.
- At least 3 years of experience in work on civic tech and/or civic engagement projects in nonprofit sector;
- Knowledge and experience in social campaigning, and communication;
- Sound understanding of civil society organizations in Europe as well as understanding of CSOs’ technology needs and challenges in implementing technology solutions;
- Sound understanding of political developments across Europe;
- International work experience;
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred;
- Cultural awareness and ability to work and negotiate across different cultures and languages;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent writing skills and social media experience.
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world;
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale;
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included).
How to apply?
In order to submit your application, please visit the official webpage.