Deadline: 24 February 2019
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: salary of between EUR 93 700 and EUR 106 000 per annum
ESA is recruiting a legal officer to join its Internal Market Affairs Directorate, who will be assigned responsibility for general surveillance work and case handling regarding the implementation and application of EEA law relating to Financial Services in the participating EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway).
In the area of financial services, ESA has certain decision-making powers towards national supervisory authorities and market operators (including credit institutions, insurance companies, and investment firms) established in the EEA-EFTA States. The powers to adopt binding decisions correspond to powers with the European Supervisory Authorities, EBA, EIOPA and ESMA in the EU.
Other tasks include an examination of complaints, legal conformity assessments, and drafting of decisions, opinions and reports. Depending on workload and other developments, the responsibilities may also cover other general or specific issues relating to EEA law.
- A postgraduate degree in EEA/EU law;
- Relevant professional experience involving national authorities, administrations or the EU institutions;
- Good understanding of Norwegian, Icelandic or German (the EEA EFTA languages);
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the functioning of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, and of the EEA EFTA States;
- University degree in law or equivalent qualification in law;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in the financial services field for the public and/or private sector;
- Specialized knowledge of EEA/EU law in the field of financial services and expertise in financial services regulatory work and/or financial supervision;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (the working language of the Authority), as well as proven legal drafting ability;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team in an international environment.
The position is placed at grade A4 of ESA’s salary scale, the precise step being determined depending on the relevant experience of the successful candidate, with a likely starting salary of between EUR 93 700 and EUR 106 000 per annum. Depending on the personal situation and family status, additional allowances and benefits may apply. Tax conditions are favorable.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.