Deadline: 31 May 2019
Open to: citizens from around the world
Benefits: these fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses
The Rotary Foundation is offering 100 fully funded academic fellowships for worldwide students. Two types of peace fellowships are available i.e. master and professional development certificate fellowships.
Each year, The Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 50 for certificate studies at premier universities.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is the premier academic scholarship of The Rotary Foundation, supporting Rotary’s mission to empower, educate, and increase the capacity of peacebuilders through rigorous academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities.
The fellowship can be taken in Rotary Peace Centers.
Fellows will earn a master degree at Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the USA, International Christian University in Japan, the University of Bradford in the UK, the University of Queensland in Australia and Uppsala University in Sweden or a professional development certificate at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Citizens from around the world are eligible for these Rotary Peace Fellowships;
- The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. The fellows are committed to the community and international service and the pursuit of peace;
- Proficiency in English, with proficiency in a second language, strongly recommended;
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- For master’s degree candidates, a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience;
- For certificate candidates, at least five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience;
- International applicants for whom English is not the first language must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) iBT: Score 100 or higher (600 on the paper-based test) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – Score 7.0 or higher.
These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please log in here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.