Deadline: 18 February 2019
Open to: all journalists from all countries, who have had editorial content published or broadcast by a local, regional, national or international media organisation
Venue: Novi Sad/Belgrade, Serbia
International Civil Society Week (ICSW) is a global gathering for civil society to connect, debate and create shared solutions. Through a ‘partnered’ approach, organizations pool their resources to convene a diverse international group of civil society leaders to share ideas, catalyze positive social change, exchange tools that enhance citizen action, and celebrate people power. Each ICSW explores a specific theme in-depth.
From 6 to 12 April 2019, CIVICUS and Civic Initiatives will co-host ICSW 2019 in Serbia. The event will begin with a two-day (6-7 April) Youth Assembly for ICSW delegates in Novi Sad, the European Youth Capital for 2019, before moving to Belgrade for the main event (8-11 April).
This year’s theme – ‘The Power of Togetherness’ – explores ways that people and organisations around the world are working together to unlock the potential of collective action. The ICSW 2019 programme will focus on three interrelated tracks.
- Bridges event sessions will explore how the current regional and global civil society context is changing, and connect participants and strengthen collaboration.
- Streets event sessions will look at ways to build constituencies and deepen the skill sets needed for successful civic action.
- Stairs event sessions seek to identify ways to build and sustain collective impact, and connect local and global efforts.
The fellowship is open to all journalists from all countries, who have had editorial content published or broadcast by a local, regional, national or international media organization. Preference will be given to journalists from, based in or covering issues/events in the global South.
This fellowship award includes:
· Round trip air travel and transportation from the city of residence to Belgrade, Serbia.
· Five nights’ hotel accommodation (April 7-12)
· Waived ICSW registration fee (valued at USD 220)
· Per diem of USD 20/day (breakfast and lunch to be provided at venues)
All other costs will be borne by the media fellow or representative organization. CIVICUS will provide the necessary visa application documents but fellows must arrange their own entry visa applications.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.