Deadline: 24 February 2019
Open to: all young journalists (freelance welcomed) who operate through newspapers, magazines, TV, Radio, or social media
Costs: all costs covered
Participate in the Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen CCP Scholarship 2019 in Germany. Every year Germany hosts, Berlin Energy Week from April 8th to April 12th. During this week, a high-level conference is held, the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue, with the aim of inspiring dialogue on the shift to a more sustainable energy system.
This conference brings together persons from the political, industrial, science, and civil society sectors for two days to discuss the global energy transition. The focus this year will be placed on:
- Shifting geopolitics;
- Integrated energy transition;
- Structural change;
- Digitalization and blockchain.
This opportunity is for young journalists to report on the conference through various mediums and channels. Additionally, fellows will have the opportunities to share stories from their local context. Some issues that fellows may wish to report on include international energy transition, raising awareness about the opportunities of renewable energies, energy efficiency, and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Young journalists (freelance welcomed) from around the world who operate through newspapers, magazines, TV, Radio, or social media.
The following costs will be covered
- room and board
Fellows will gain the following opportunities
- access to the conference
- talk to high-level global energy stakeholders
- guided tours during the Berlin Energy Week (8–12 April 2019)
How to apply?
Complete the online application form which includes:
- A short essay of 250-300 words in English on why accelerating the energy transition is important to you and why you would like to join the 5th Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue as part of the conference media team
- Three samples of your work.
For more information, please visit the official web page.