Deadline: 21 March 2019
Open to: undergraduate or postgraduate student or recent graduate from anywhere in the world aged 18-25
Benefits: the conference is free and travel and accommodation costs will be covered
Venue: Reuters, UK headquarters in Canary Wharf, London on 16 and 17 July 2019
Future News Worldwide identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists. It is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures. The conference offers aspiring young journalists with opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders, with a mixture of talks, interactive panel sessions, workshops and hands-on experiences.
Applications are welcome from anywhere in the world.
Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
How to apply?
You can find more information on how to apply, application questions and which supporting documents are required here: https://www.britishcouncil.org/future-news-worldwide/apply
For more information please visit the official website.