Deadline: 24 March 2019
Open to: 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application and resident from a low or middle income country; being the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country
Benefits: all training costs are covered by the organization
The Young Water Fellowship (YWF) is a programme implemented by Young Water Solutions, that empowers young entrepreneurs to lead the solutions to water issues in their communities, by offering them a year of support consisting of training, mentorship and seed-funding for their initiatives.
For its YWF 2019 Young Water Solutions will offer 10 young entrepreneurs (‘’Fellows’’) the possibility to participate in a one-month start-up training in Europe. Fellows will also be assigned mentors, get the chance to exponentially increase their supporting networks in the water and entrepreneurship sectors, and apply for seed-funding for the first steps of implementation of their social enterprises.
- Young people 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application;
- being the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model);
- resident from this list of low and middle income countries;
- having a valid passport and being available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 3rd to September 7th 2019 (note that these dates might be subject to change);
- being able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
You can download the document with the Terms of Reference.
All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
How to apply?
Candidates will be asked to fill in an online form and upload a 2 min video.
If you want to know about the conditions to apply, read the Terms of Reference: https://bit.ly/2TVZBiO
If you want to know tips and suggestions on how to apply, read the Application Guidelines: https://bit.ly/2SW59xs
You should also check the Questions&Answers section on the website: http://youngwatersolutions.org/#apply
For questions not answered in the documents above, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the official website.