Deadline: 30 April 2019
Open to: all photographers and aspiring photographers worldwide
Award: winners will be announced on IUCN Red List of Ecosystems social media and exhibited at the IUCN World Conservation Congress
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, through its Commission on Ecosystem Management (CEM) and the Thematic Group Red List of Ecosystems (RLE), are pleased to announce the Fourth IUCN Red List of Ecosystems Photo Contest – My Place in Nature. The contest is open to all photographers and aspiring photographers worldwide. You are invited to share your story on ecosystems and show your very own place in nature. Capture the essence of the one place or event in nature that has left you with a long-lasting impression because of its beauty, power or uniqueness and share your images of any ecosystem, either free from human intervention or altered by it.
Photographs may be submitted having a clear relation to the theme My Place in Nature, and two modalities: Individual Photo and Series of Photos. All submitted photographs will be evaluated in a first round by a jury. The photographs that receive the highest scores by the jury will move on to a second round where they will be evaluated by the general public. Winning photographs will be those that obtain the best, combined scores based on the votes from both the public and the jury.
All photographers and aspiring photographers worldwide.
Winners will be announced on IUCN Red List of Ecosystems social media and exhibited at the IUCN World Conservation Congress to be held in 2020 in Marseille, France.
How to apply?
In order to submit your photos, please follow the following instructions:
- Carefully read the Official Rules;
- Select the photos you want to submit for the modalities of your preference (you may submit photos in both modalities);
- Gather all the required information for each of your photos, including Title, Description, Country, Location and Date;
- Select the photographs having a clear relation to the theme My Place in Nature (File format: JPG or PNG);
- Fill out the Online Photo Submission Form no later than April 30th, 2019;
- Photographs submitted by Minors must be accompanied by signed parental consent from the Authorized Representative in order to be considered.
For more information, please visit the official web page.