Deadline: 8 April 2019
Open to: master, doctoral students and currently registered at universities in South-Eastern Europe and Post-Docs who are current academic staff members of a university in South-Eastern Europe
Benefits: grants amount to EUR 600 and EUR 900 per month
In cooperation with the University of Graz, the Province of Styria has been offering a new grant for outstanding students from South-Eastern European countries – “Go Styria!”.
The Department for Scientific Affairs of the Province of Styria takes a very strong interest in the process of South-Eastern European integration. Styria, as a link between the EU and Eastern/South-Eastern Europe, adopts an active role in the scientific and cultural exchange between the countries and has the necessary preconditions to integrate the research competences and to utilize the available synergetic opportunities.
Against the background of a long-standing, varied and intensive cooperation with the regions of South-Eastern Europe, the University of Graz was the first university in the German-speaking world to set a university-wide focus on “South-Eastern Europe” as the profile-setting core of its university development concept. Thanks to its expertise and acquaintance with both the needs as well as the potentials for cooperation of the South-Eastern European region, the University of Graz has been an important forerunner within the EU for the realization of the vision of European-wide integration for a long time. As part of an extensive circle of partnerships, the university takes these historically developed and in many areas important connections into consideration.
A list of the selected candidates and topics in previous years is available here.
The scholarship program aims at master and doctoral students who:
- are currently registered at universities in South-Eastern Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova) and also still registered during the academic year 2019/20;
- are currently already working on their master of doctoral thesis;
- want to come to the University of Graz as exchange students in order to do research to then finish their degree at their home universities.
The scholarship program aims at Post-Docs who:
- are current academic staff members of a university in South-Eastern Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova),
- have completed their PhD programme with excellent results. The completion of the doctorate should not be older than 1 year at time of application.
A post-doctoral stay at the University of Graz will not be supported in case the applicant completed his/her doctoral program at the University of Graz. The proposed research project should be agreed upon with the potential supervisor.
“Go Styria” includes the following benefits:
- Master/PhD: grant in the amount of EUR 600 per month
incl. tuition fee waiver at the University of Graz
- PostDoc: grant in the amount of EUR 900 per month
How to apply?
Please send your complete set of application documents scanned in ONE pdf-file to:
For more information, please visit the official web page