Deadline: 15 April 2019
Open to: citizens of all African countries who hold a Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits: fully funded
Applications are open for the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme 2020. The scholarship provides full funding for up to a maximum of two years of postgraduate study for an African citizen at recognised South African institutions.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high-quality Leadership Development Programme, with the intention of building exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
The MRF Leadership Development Programme is made up of the following three components.
- Three residential Workshops;
- Three Regional group Pods;
- Second Year Programme.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries and is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions;
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded);
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply;
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2019;
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results;
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship;
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our Leadership Development Programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends;
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred once awarded. It must be taken up in the year which was applied for.
Note: Application to the chosen tertiary institution or university is the responsibility of the applicants and not of the MRF’s.
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree;
- Personal allowance.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information, please visit this website.