Deadline: 24 March 2019
Open to: young people aged 21-26 from all over the world
Benefits: fully funded
The European Commission is inviting young people from around the world to play an active role in this year’s EDD. The EU is looking for 15 extraordinary young people aged 21-26 who can represent the powerful impact that youth are having in the development field. The Young Leaders Programme will consist of a 10-day visit to Brussels, where Young Leaders will meet EU experts and stakeholders and play a leading role in the EDD Programme, which will include speaking in the various session alongside global leaders.
The 15 selected Young Leaders will have a place to speak at the highest-level debates at EDD 2019, alongside VIPs and key decision makers. Though this experience is rewarding, as it gives youth participants a voice on the same level as high-level speakers, allocated time of speech on the panel can be limited.
The eligibility criteria of international leadership program 2019 is given by:
– Open to young people from all over the world
– You must be aged 21-26
– You must be willing to share your views and experiences in high-level debates alongside world leaders and other change-makers in the development field.
– You must be playing an active role in the fight for gender equality and women empowerment at the local, national or regional level.
The selection of the Young Leaders will be based on their expertise and leadership of one of the EDD 2019 topics.
It is important that the Young Leaders invited to come and speak at EDD 2019 represent other youth, and don’t only speak in their name only. We are looking for candidates who have proven leadership in projects, organizations, initiatives and who are able to represent other youth at the forum.
Travel and accommodation are covered by the European Commission.
How to apply?
Under the theme on “Addressing inequalities: building a world which leaves no one behind”, the EED 2019 Agenda will be framed around three major themes, which must be chosen by an applicant during the application process:
– Why inequalities matter for sustainable development
– Understanding the structural causes of inequalities
– Working better together through more effective policies to address inequalities
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.