Deadline: 9 April 2019
Open to: postgraduate students of any discipline
Benefits: scholarship to cover tuition fees, return plane tickets between the airport of origin and a nearby airport (Trieste, Venice, Treviso), accommodation in Trieste, lunch and study trips
On 17-21 June, the summer school on Sustainable Blue Economy in the Euro-Mediterranean Region is taking place in Trieste (Italy) and Piran (Slovenia). The school is co-organised by the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics (OGS, Italy) and the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI, Slovenia), with sessions consisting of 40 teaching hours, including lectures and field trips to both cities.
By increasing professional skills and the quality of research in marine sciences and governance, climate-related aspects, environmental protection and integrated management of coastal areas – the summer school will support the creation of stable and attractive career pathways as well as skilled talents needed to support the expansion of marine and maritime sectors.
The themes of the summer school sessions are mostly related to the priorities of blue economy as relevant for the entire region, such as:
- Blue growth in the EU and the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- Governance context of blue economy;
- Financing of blue economy;
- Sustainable tourism paths;
- Fisheries and aquaculture;
- Maritime transport;
- Blue energy, etc.
Postgraduate students of any discipline (especially from the Euro-Mediterranean countries and Black sea countries) are invited to apply if they:
- have completed an undergraduate programme, obtaining at least 180 ECTS (or equivalent);
- are eligible to study at postgraduate level or are postgraduate students or researchers;
- have a good knowledge of English (level B2 or higher);
- have demonstrated an interest in the Euro-Mediterranean region and in blue economy.
All selected participants (between 30 and 40) are offered a scholarship to cover their tuition fees, return plane tickets between the airport of origin and a nearby airport (Trieste, Venice, Treviso), accommodation in Trieste, lunch and study trips.
For more information, please visit the official web page.