Deadline: 3 May 2019
Open to: individuals or teams of no more than three Commonwealth member country, excluding the UK
Benefits: full scholarship and support in the development of the digital tool
The challenge, run by Thomson Foundation, is an annual competition aimed at helping young, aspiring and tech-savvy entrepreneurs from the Commonwealth to develop an app, digital idea or tool to improve the work of, or solve challenges encountered by, journalists, communicators and media organizations within the Commonwealth.
– Applicants must be citizens of a Commonwealth member country, excluding the UK;
– The competition is open to anyone aged between 18 and 30 at the time of the competition deadline, which is 3 May, 2019;
– The competition organizers may request documentation to verify an entrant’s age;
– The competition is open to individuals and groups of up to three people;
– All submissions and presentations to be undertaken in the English language;
– First judging will take place in the week starting 22 May 2019 and applicants must be available for a webinar presentation during that week;
– The three groups/individuals chosen to take part in the four-month mentoring must be able to travel to the UK in November 2019, should they be the eventual winners;
– The timing of virtual mentoring sessions will be scheduled wherever possible at the convenience of all participants but ultimately will be dependent on the availability of the mentor;
– The overall winner will be required in the UK in November. If travel during this time is not possible, the prize will go to the second most successful applicant or group.
The winning individual or group will be invited to the UK in November, all-expenses paid and will be given help to develop their mobile application or digital tool.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.