Deadline: 6 May 2019
Open to: cinematographers, editors, sound designers and music composers from eligible countries
Venue: 19-23 September 2019 Beirut, Lebanon
Are you creative and passionate about film making? The Metropolis Association and the Goethe-Institut in Lebanon are launching the call for entries for the sixth edition of Talents Beirut. Between March 18 and May 6th, 2019, cinematographers, editors, sound designers and music composers from the Arab World are invited to apply to the Talents Beirut, a programme that aims to reinforce Arab artists in their technical and artistic skills.
Twenty promising film talents from the Arab World will be selected by an international jury to attend the sixth edition of Talents Beirut which will take place in Beirut between the 19th and the 23rd of September 2019.
Organized by the Metropolis Association and the Goethe-Institut, in collaboration with the Berlinale Talents and FID Marseille, and with the support of the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the sixth edition of Talents Beirut will be held in parallel to the sixth edition of the German Film Week in Lebanon, organized by the Goethe-Institut. The accreditation to the Talents Beirut allows film enthusiasts to participate in all events at the German Film Week.
- Candidates must work in one of these areas: Cinematography, Editing, Sound design/ Score composition;
- Participants must have directly contributed to at least one short film with credit in one of the areas mentioned above;
- Must be a residing citizen of one of the following Arab countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen;
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age by September 2019;
- Participants must be fluent in English and Arabic.
The program covers the travel costs, accommodation fees and gives you the accreditation to participate at the German Film Week.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information please visit the official website.