Deadline: 15 May 2019
Open to: all individuals from eligible countries that have experience in business
Venue: 21-25 October, London, UK
Applications are open for the DSM: Brighter Living Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 in London. With the Brighter Living Scholarship DSM will offer 3 scholarships to young entrepreneurs in the field of nutrition for the One Young World Conference 2019 in London.
In line with DSM’s purpose-led performance-driven strategy, this scholarship seeks to support young leaders and entrepreneurs who are making a nutritional impact locally with their start-ups, companies, or job in the field of Safe Nutritious Food Processing. This goes hand in hand with addressing inclusive economic development in emerging markets. This is part of DSM’s ambition to safeguard the future of ensuring nutritious and healthy diets for all within planetary boundaries.
The scholarship seeks candidates who have entrepreneurial skills for making a positive impact by accelerating the availability and affordability of safe and healthy local nutritious products, and making them more aspirational. The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in business, and preferably starting or running their own business;
- Have experience working in the area of food processing with a focus of health and nutrition;
- Understand the importance of nutrition;
- Be entrepreneurial;
- Be able to shape opinions;
- Possess commercial insight in key geographic markets;
- Be a national of one of the countries listed below and work in one of the countries listed: Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh;
- Be aged 18-30.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom;
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only);
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis from 21-25 October inclusive;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, during these days;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Summit hand-outs and support materials;
- Participation in DSM’s internal onboarding program, both online and face to face prior to the Summit, which includes a mentorship with DSM senior experts.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please find the application form on the following link.
For more information, please visit the official website.