Open to: applicants from any country holding a PhD degree(or a recognized equivalent) in any field related to mathematical sciences
Scholarship: fully funded
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences – Research (AIMS Research) is pleased to invite prospective postdoctoral fellows who hold a Ph.D. degree in any mathematical science discipline to apply for one of fifteen postdoctoral fellowships available through the AIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellows Program in climate change science. This is in response to an urgent need to increase the number of high-end researchers who, with limited supervision, can conduct cutting-edge mathematical science research in Africa.
Fellows will be based at one of the seven existing AIMS Research Centres, including Quantum Leap Africa. Beneficiaries may be affiliated to any recognized institution of higher learning located in the same country as the host AIMS Research Centre. Funding will be provided for fellows and their supervisors to attend one research school that will take place at AIMS Rwanda.
- Applicants can be from any country;
- Applicants must hold at least a Ph.D. degree (or a recognized equivalent) in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position;
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research within the climate change sciences and its related areas;
- Knowledge/interest in mathematical modeling would be an advantage;
- Applicants must be open-minded and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in the same host country. The designated partner institution could be an academic/research institution or a non-academic institution (e.g. industry).
This is a two-year extendable research position with a maximum total cost to AIMS of CAD 32,000 per annum. The cost includes a return flight ticket from the candidate’s home/institution to the AIMS Research Centre, tuition (if applicable), visa application, accommodation, living support, and health insurance.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information please visit the official website.