Deadline: 30 May 2019
Open to: students from developing countries
Benefits: financial support
Slovak government scholarships have long been a part of Slovakia’s official development assistance, which itself is a programme and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs within the international community. Act No. 392/2015 Coll. on Development Cooperation and on the amendment of certain acts and Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport Decree No. 50/2016 defining the details of awarding government scholarships entered into force on 1 January 2016. The Slovak government adopted the Medium-Term Strategy for Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic for 2019-2023.
Slovak government scholarships include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status. Award of such scholarships has become a part of state policy supporting Slovaks Living Abroad, which has developed gradually over time, with the adoption of Act No. 474/2005 Coll. on Slovaks Living Abroad and on amendment of certain acts, the establishment of the Office for Slovaks Living Abroad and the adoption of the Concept of State Policy of the Slovak Republic in relation to Slovaks Living Abroad to 2020 approved by Slovak Government Resolution No. 571/2015 on 21 October 2015.
A government scholarship may be awarded to a national of a partnering country as defined in Subsection (2) who
1. temporary residence for the purpose of studies,10)
2. temporary residence as a third party national granted Slovak Living Abroad status,11) or
3. the right to stay on the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period in excess of three months,12)
1. a full-time student at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the academic programs contained in the notice defined in Subsection 2 who demonstrates command of Slovak at the level required by the given public university, or
2. a participant in language education for the purposes of university studies (“language education”) and
c) as of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted,
1. is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a first-level or second-level academic program or an academic program combining first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program or
2. is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
Information of the financial terms can be seen here.
How to apply?
If you have not got your account and log in information you have to register. Click at the home page on Registration and complete the registration form according assigned instructions, confirm by clicking on Register.
For more information, please visit the official web page.