Deadline: 25 May 2019
Open to: applicants with an undergraduate degree in social science, master’s degree an asset and experience with survey research and data collection
Benefits: a compensation of 10-12 EUR per questionnaire, depending on its size; eligible travel expenses and per diems associated with data collection will be reimbursed
The Resonant Voices Initiative in the EU (RVI EU) is conducting a panel survey in Berlin, Munich, Vienna, Graz, Zagreb, and Rijeka, with panel participants from the countries of former Yugoslavia. Approximately 100 interviews will be conducted in each location in three rounds of data collection, taking place in June/July 2019, October /November 2019 and August 2020.
The Commission for International Justice and Accountability is seeking to contract field researchers to assist the Resonant Voices assessment team with the data collection in the six locations. Data collected will be used in the design of project activities and in the evaluation of their impact.
The RVI EU is implemented by the Commission for International Justice and Accountability, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN), and Propulsion Fund (PF), as part of the Civil Society Empowerment Program under the EU Internet Forum, with funding from the European Union’s Internal Security Fund – Police.
The field researchers are primarily responsible for collecting field data. They have direct contact with respondents and have a great influence on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of research.
Tasks and responsibilities of the field researcher are as follows:
– Attend training session;
– Develop a survey schedule/itinerary;
– Participate in the location and selection of panel members;
– Pilot-test the questionnaires in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and German;
– Conduct interviews and communicate with panel members as instructed;
– Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
1-day training session in each country Beginning of June 2019
Pilot-test of questionnaires Beginning of June 2019
Data collection (round 1) 10-21 June 2019
Data collection (round 2) 28 October – 08 November 2019
Data collection (round 3) 16-31 August 2020
– Undergraduate degree in social science, master’s degree an asset;
– Experience with survey research and data collection (can be as part of academic
– Professional fluency in German and English;
– Knowledge of the languages of former Yugoslavia preferred;
– Excellent interpersonal skills;
– Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously;
– Natural problem solvers.
This is a short-term consultancy position with the duration of assignment expected to be 10 days in the period between June-July 2019 with the possibility of renewal in October-November 2019 and August 2020. Field researchers will receive a compensation of 10-12 EUR per questionnaire, depending on its size; eligible travel expenses and per diems associated with data collection will be reimbursed.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should send their most recent CV and a cover letter outlining their motivation and relevant experience via email to [email protected]
For more information, please read the official call.