Deadline: 25 May 2019
Open to: applicants with a master’s degree in social sciences and experience in similar research coordination and management roles, experience with panel studies a distinct advantage
Benefits: compensation will be commensurate with experience
The Resonant Voices Initiative in the EU (RVI EU) is conducting a panel survey in Berlin, Munich, Vienna, Graz, Zagreb, and Rijeka, with panel participants from the countries of former Yugoslavia. Approximately 100 interviews will be conducted in each location in three rounds of data collection, taking place in June/July 2019, October /November 2019 and August 2020.
The Commission for International Justice and Accountability is seeking to contract field researchers to assist the Resonant Voices assessment team with the data collection in the six locations. Data collected will be used in the design of project activities and in the evaluation of their impact.
The RVI EU is implemented by the Commission for International Justice and Accountability, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN), and Propulsion Fund (PF), as part of the Civil Society Empowerment Program under the EU Internet Forum, with funding from the European Union’s Internal Security Fund – Police.
The panel survey coordinator is primarily responsible for the recruitment of and liaising with approximately 600-panel members and supervising the data collection by Field Researchers.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Panel Survey Coordinator are as follows:
– Attend training session;
– Oversee testing of questionnaires;
– Under the supervision of Senior Researcher, organize and oversee the panel participants recruitment;
– Finalize the panel recruitment strategy;
– Prepare the recruitment brief;
– Contact and recruit panel respondents;
– Oversee field data collection schedules/itinerary and provide support to researchers as needed;
– Respond to field inquiries from panel members;
– Provide quality control through randomized checks;
– Conduct interviews and communicate with panel members as instructed;
– Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools.
1-day training session in each country Beginning of June 2019
Pilot-test of questionnaires Beginning of June 2019
Data collection (round 1) 01-21 June and 13-20 July 2019
Data collection (round 2) 28 October – 08 November 2019
Data collection (round 3) 16-31 August 2020
– Master’s degree in social sciences
– Experience in similar research coordination and management roles, experience with panel
studies a distinct advantage
– Professional fluency in German, English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
– Natural problem solver
This is a short-term consultancy position with the duration of assignment expected to be 45 work days between June 2019 and August 2020. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Eligible travel expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should send their most recent CV and a cover letter outlining their motivation and relevant experience via email to [email protected]
For more information, please read the official call.