Deadline: 11 June 2019
Open to: nationals of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway with a degree in one of the related areas and one year of relevant and proven professional experience
Benefits: basic salary starting from EUR 3.462,02 monthly
Are you a motivated and enthusiastic scientist with experience in the field of chemistry or food technology? Do you have proven experience in processes and technologies applied to food ingredients such as additives, enzymes and flavourings or food contact materials? Are you passionate and motivated to ensure the safety of food in Europe?
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is looking for highly motivated scientists with experience in scientific assessments or research activities related to food ingredients or materials in contact with food, who will contribute to EFSA’s scientific and technical outputs through the collection, analysis and evaluation of data and information.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Collect, collate, analyze and evaluate data and information for preparing scientific outputs related to the assessment of food ingredients or food contact materials;
- Provide administrative and scientific support to the activities of EFSA’s Scientific Panels and their Working Groups in the relevant area (i.e. preparation of working documents, scientific opinions, meeting agendas and minutes, etc.);
- Draft scientific outputs by applying evidence-based risk assessment principles and methods (e.g. systematic reviews), in particular, related to food ingredients or food contact materials;
- Participate to the development of guidance and methodology documents;
- Keep abreast of scientific and regulatory developments and contribute to providing information on legislative, policy and scientific aspects, in particular in the area of food ingredients or food contact materials;
- Communicate and present scientific outputs by conveying the right messages and by making scientific concepts understandable to the public;
- Contribute to manage contracts and procurements.
- Be national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway;
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by laws concerning military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the EU official languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language;
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma in one of the following areas: chemistry, food chemistry, food technology, food sciences or related areas.
- In addition to the above, at least one (1) year of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma.
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
EFSA can offer the selected candidate a contract of up to 5 years with the possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be recruited as Contract Agent Function Group IV with the basic salary starting from EUR 3.462,02 monthly, subject to an annual review of remuneration provided for in Article 65(1) of the Staff Regulations.
In addition to the basic salary, EFSA offers a range of benefits:
- Various allowances to which the successful jobholder may be entitled, such as a household allowance, expatriation allowance (16% of basic salary), dependent child allowance and education allowance. The salary is subject to a Community tax deducted at source and staff members are exempt from national taxation.
- A comprehensive welfare package including pension scheme, medical, accident and occupational disease insurance coverage, unemployment and invalidity allowance, and travel insurance.
How to apply?
You can apply using the following link.
For more information please visit this website.