Deadline: 18 June 2019
Open to: candidates in possession of “Laurea Magistrale” or “Laurea Specialistica” or a four or five years degree or a foreign University degree
Benefits: scholarship yearly amount is EUR 16.159,91 gross
The GSSI-Gran Sasso Science Institute, founded in 2012 in L’Aquila (Italy) as Center for Advanced Studies of the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) and then established in March 2016 as a School of Advanced Studies providing post-graduate education, offers 31 PhD positions for the academic year 2019/20.
The GSSI invites applications for fellowships for the PhD programmes in “Astroparticle Physics”, “Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences”, “Computer Science”, “Urban Studies and Regional Science”. The official language for all PhD courses is English.
English knowledge is compulsory. Applications are opened to candidates in possession of one of the following degrees:
- “Laurea Magistrale” or “Laurea Specialistica” or a four or five years degree.
- a foreign University degree (minimum legal duration of the University course: four years). The eligibility of foreign degrees is assessed by the Selection Committee.
Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2019 may apply (both Italian or foreign degree according to the previous description).
Applicants will ha.ve to send a copy of their degree certificate at firstname.lastname@example.org within November 20, 2019 (for Italian degrees a “self declaration” can also be accepted)
The fellowships are awarded for 4 years and their yearly amount is EUR 16.159,91 gross.
• all PhD students will have free accommodation at the guest house or other accommodation offered by GSSI or a financial substitute of 350,00
Euros gross/month (to obtain the contribution, the students would have to present a rental agreement in L’Aquila);
• all PhD students will have free lunch on vouchers (1 per day, working days, except school closures, missions and other situations contemplated
by the GSSI rules);
• all PhD students will have tuition fees waived;
• all PhD students will be covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities
How to apply?
The application must be submitted through the online form.
In order to apply, and for more information, please visit the official web page.