Deadline: 14 June 2019
Open to: highly-skilled foreign professionals who are currently living other than Japan
Benefits: fully funded
Although the number of Japanese companies expanding overseas business has increased in recent years due to the shrinkage of the domestic market, the shortage of “global talent” who is responsible for overseas development, especially for Small-and Medium-Sized Enterprises, has become a challenge.
Utilizing highly skilled foreign professionals, such as for participation in overseas expansion or creation of innovation with a new viewpoint, might be attributed to strengthening the competitiveness of Japanese companies. However, it has not advanced, especially in Small-and-Medium-Sized companies, due to their lack of experience in working with foreign talent or the network.
The main responsibilities of interns will be as follows:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation;
- Engaging in a full-time internship during the designated period;
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible. Securing emergency-related information network in Japan. Keeping in touch with the Program Office and the host company regularly as reporting or consulting with them in case of injury or mental disease etc;
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during the internship period but also before and after the internship;
- Appropriate behavior represented as a recipient of public funds from the Japanese government.
Highly-skilled foreign professionals who are currently living other than Japan and will visit to Japan only for this program are eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program with willingness to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc;
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region;
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English;
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of June 14, 2019;
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc;
- Able to undertake the required training and full-time internship at the host company;
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company;
- The person who previously participated in this program cannot apply this year.
1. Allowance: around USD 35.78 (4,000 yen) per day for living expenses. This amount will be paid for the entire duration of the internship;
2. Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance;
3. Internship insurance;
4. Transportation and accommodation expenses associated with the training program.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.