Deadline: 16 June 2019
Open to: change makers from all fields that are based in East Africa
Benefits: the program covers travel costs to/from the venue as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days
Applications are open for the Ashoka/Robert Bosch Stiftung ChangemakerXchange (CXC) Program in Zanzibar 2019.
Co-created by Ashoka and Robert Bosch Stiftung, ChangemakerXchange is a global collaborative community for young changemakers to connect, share and develop cross-border collaborations. CXC Zanzibar will be for young social innovators from all fields across East Africa and co-hosted with Starlight and PEN Tanzania.
Venue: 28th August – 1st September, Zanzibar, Africa.
- Must be between 18-35 y/o;
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture / initiative which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation;
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit;
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young changemakers and be willing to play an active role within this community;
- Must be a fit with the values of the CXC community (you can find them on the image on the official website);
- Must be located and have impact in an eligible country: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea & Ethiopia, DRC, Zambia, Mozambique;
Visit changemakerxchange.com to read the full the full details of the selection process.
ChangemakerXchange covers your travel costs to/from the venue as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.). However they expect you to cover your own visas, local travel to airport in your own country and from the airport to the venue in the host country (in very limited cases they may be able to support with some of these costs, please reach out to them).
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.