Deadline: 15 September 2019
Open to: young people who have an interest and respect for the environment and aspire to healthy lifestyles
Benefits: covered expenses for: flights; meals; accommodation; medical; pocket money
Youth Action, an award-winning registered charity, was founded in 2003 to provide a range of services for young people aged 8 to 24 years old from across the North West. The organization now has over 5,000 youth members – and this list is growing all the time! Their strategic mission is “Inclusive, Engaged & Empowering” They are committed to delivering this mission by ensuring:
- The young people who access and sign up to Youth Action’s services are included in the shaping, designing and decision-making concerning Youth Action’s provision of tailored opportunities in personal development and skills development;
- Young people engage with the projects they take part in and gain recognition and accreditation for their achievements and efforts;
- That with Youth Action’s support and guidance, young people are empowered to forge a positive future for themselves, make a constructive impact on their communities as active citizens and advocate the difference that positive changes can make on the lives of other young people in society today.
In summary, the main role and tasks of the EVS volunteers will be to support Youth Action staff members:
– House Keeping and Estate maintenance;
– The hospitality of guests and groups;
– Foster local actions in the wider community;
– Participate and organize cultural and artistic events/outings at Youth Action;
– Develop a sense of initiative through carrying out a personal project;
– Keep an updated Youthpass to register all their learning outcomes and achievements;
– Contribute as being part of the European Solidarity Corps;
– Learn the English Language and new competences.
At Youth Action they are interested also in the learning process of the volunteers. The EVS framework gives volunteers an excellent opportunity to have a balanced and healthy lifestyle. They want to honor volunteers’ potential and needs and find the best solutions for a successful project for all parties involved.
The overall learning outcomes of this project include an increased understanding of diversity, communities, team building, hospitality skills, being pro-active and leadership skills, and project development. These will provide the volunteer with enhanced confidence and self-esteem, examples of their work which can be used as portfolio, for either further education applications or for employment interviews and both hard and soft life skills.
Number of volunteers: 6 (1 North Macedonia, 1 Turkish, 1 Polish, 1 Estonian, 1 Spanish, 1 Moroccan)
Young people who have an interest and respect for the environment and aspire to healthy lifestyles. They would also like to see the volunteers to be active and take initiative in the community and within their tasks. They need to have a positive and pro-active attitude at Youth Action, be team workers, have an interest in intercultural community living, be reliable and responsible, flexible, have goodwill as well as openness to learning and participating in tasks and overall activities.
They need to like working both on their own and also in a team. They need to enjoy organizing events, projects, hosting workshops, assisting in the delivery of training or helping support Youth Action’s projects and events. This could involve creating a display for a Youth Action Open Day, creating a welcome party for a group or generally hosting various diverse types of groups. All volunteers will take part indoors in the household tasks, such as: leaning, washing up, serving, and setting the gallery with many other responsibilities. They need to be considerate
when interacting with people of different faiths and cultures and also different levels of physical and sensitive ability.
They do not require any specific skills but just ask for open-minded and enthusiastic individuals who are keen to learn, discover and contribute to Youth Action’s work! At Youth Action they seek to encourage an appreciation of the spirit of volunteering as an opportunity for self development by putting one’s self aside in the service of a greater good. It is about finding the joy in selfless service to others.
- Spending Money
The visa fee will be funded, if applicable.
How to apply?
To apply, send your Motivation Letter and CV to: [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official call.