Deadline: 1 July 2019
Open to: graduates from all nationalities, degrees and disciplines
Benefits: a monthly grant of EUR 1,160
Are you a young graduate looking for a challenging experience in a stimulating, dynamic and multicultural working environment? Do you want to contribute to our effort to keep the food of more than 500m people safe?
Look no further and apply for a traineeship at EFSA! As a trainee, you will have a rich first-hand experience in an EU Agency taking part in several interesting activities together with the staff and partners. Seize the opportunity for a rewarding and challenging experience!
Your key objectives
Under the supervision of your traineeship adviser within the unit of assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get a first-hand experience into the workings of a scientific EU Agency, developing new competencies and skills in line with your personal interests and professional aspirations;
- Contribute to the overall objectives of the unit by supporting in drafting documents and reports, handling scientific and/or administrative work, searching and reviewing literature, and ensuring timely communication of outcomes;
- Contribute to specific projects and activities with new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring of the unit’s activities.
- You will play an active role in an organization that makes a difference to the lives of 500 million EU citizens.
EFSA employs approximately 440 staff members and its Scientific Committee and Panels engage highly qualified and independent scientific experts. Every position within EFSA plays an important part in creating an inspirational environment in which to work and develop.
EFSA key priorities are:
- Prioritize public and stakeholder engagement in the process of scientific assessment;
- Widen EFSA’s evidence base and maximize access to its data;
- Build the EU’s scientific assessment capacity and knowledge community;
- Prepare for future risk assessment challenges;
- Create an environment and culture that reflect EFSA’s values of cooperation, innovation, openness, independence and scientific excellence.
The paid traineeship will take place in Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Parma and lasts up to 12 months and gives trainees the chance to take part in several interesting activities enriching their skills and growing professionally!
- Have obtained a university degree of at least 3 years by the closing date of applications (See Annex I for the minimum national qualifications);
- Have a good knowledge of English (minimum level: B2 according to CEFR);
- Have never been an EFSA trainee or employed by EFSA in any capacity, receiving any sort of remuneration;
- Meet the character requirements needed for the duties involved (e.g. a sworn affidavit to the effect that you have no criminal record).
- Selection criteria
- a) Experience and Knowledge
Knowledge of/ or experience in an area relating to the activities of EFSA.
- b) Competencies
- Working with others: the ability to work cooperatively with others in teams and across organizational boundaries and respect differences between people;
- Analysis and Problem Solving: ability to identify the critical facts in difficult issues and develop creative and practical solutions;
iii. Drive for results: the ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high-quality work;
- Communication in English: ability to communicate effectively in English;
- Generate, collect and collate evidence: the ability to search, gather and interpret evidence (data and information) within the remit of the unit from all relevant sources;
- Manage projects: ability to manage time, resources and information in an effective manner for the achievement of the expected project results;
vii. Communicate information to different target audiences: the ability to convey complex concepts and make them understandable to the target audience.
The selected trainees would receive a monthly grant of EUR 1,160.
How to apply?
For more information and in order to apply, please visit the official web page.