Deadline: 5 July 2019
Open to: participants from Western Balkan countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, the Republic of North Macedonia and Serbia)
Venue: 15-21 July, 2019, Peja, Kosovo
Anibar, in its 10th edition has opened the call for a Film Criticism and Journalism Masterclass lead by Olga Bobrowska, PhD candidate in film studies, specialized in Chinese Animation, and author of many academic articles on the subject.
During this 5-day, intensive training, you will have the opportunity to expand your film criticism abilities through both theory and practice. The theoretical part will include general discussions, brainstorming, and collective evaluation of text and ideas. The practical part will give you the opportunity to write and edit film reviews and analysis, to interview and engage with established filmmakers and new talents from all over the world, and to report in regards to the opinions and the festival experiences of the people involved such as the team, volunteers and visitors. After the training your input will be published in the festival’s gazette “Anibar Press”.
Masterclass lecturer: Olga Bobrowska
Participants: 10 students or participants interested in film and art
Duration: 5 days (16th of July until the 20th of July), during the Anibar Animation Festival participants are invited to stay for the whole festival
Outcomes: 2 written articles by the participants and published in Anibar Press and local newspapers
- Resident of any of Western Balkan country;
- Available during 15-21 July, 2019;
- Interest in film, and art is essential;
- No previous writing experience is needed but could be an asset.
There is no participation fee for the event. Organizers will cover accommodation and daily meals for the 7 days of the festival from 16-21 July 2019. Participants need to cover travel costs.
- Five-day professional lectures in film criticism and journalism (16-21 July 2019);
- Opportunity to practice the learning outcomes of the masterclass while writing for the festival’s magazine (16-21 July);
- Networking opportunities with fellow film critics, international animators, filmmakers, producers, and presenters;
- Full pass accreditation badge for Anibar Festival events ((festival program to be announced at http://anibar.org/about/ , https://www.facebook.com/anibarfestival/ ).
- The arrival day is 15th of July 2019.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form in this link.
For more information please visit the official website.
The activity is being organized within the project “Development of animation culture between Western Balkans and Visegrad Group” implemented by Anibar organization and the project partner, Faculty of Humanities, Marie Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin (Poland). The project is co-financed by the Governments of Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe.