Deadline: 31 July 2019
Open to: EU citizenship or applicants with a valid EU working permit
Benefits: gross monthly salary of 2,500 EUR
The European Youth Information and Counselling Agency (ERYICA) is an independent European organization based in Luxembourg and composed of national and regional youth information coordination bodies and networks. It works to intensify European cooperation in the field of youth information work and services. It aims to develop, support and promote quality generalist youth information policy and practice at all levels; in order to meet the information needs of young people and to apply the principles of the European Youth Information Charter.
ERYICA works intensively with the Council of Europe, with the European Commission as well as with institutional, private and public stakeholders active in the field of youth work and youth policy. Their staff of four professionals is committed to youth policy development in Europe.
ERYICA is looking for an enthusiastic, creative person with a passion for communication and community management. Their new colleague will manage ERYICA’s internal and external communications, plan and implement our communications strategy, design and run our online campaigns, create content, liaise with member organisations and partners, organise outreach events and support the preparation of communications outputs (articles, videos, news items, social media).
Main duties include:
1. Communication strategy:
- Planning and running the ERYICA communication strategy;
- Drafting news items, newsletters, regular update of the website;
- Preparing press releases, articles, pod-casts, videos, and blog posts in collaboration with ERYICA staff, members and partners;
- Feeding social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube);
- Tracking and reporting on EU policy news affecting young people and youth information work;
- Liaising with stakeholders and media to ensure coverage;
- Designing, supporting and implementing campaigns.
2. Internal/External Communications
- Answering requests from external bodies, European institutions and other stakeholders;
- Providing support and information to ERYICA members;
- Managing online Communities (i.e. Sheryica) and working groups;
- Supporting the Director with some fundraising/membership recruitment activities;
- Supporting the Director in developing partnerships/collaboration with other organisations.
3. Supporting ERYICA’s visual and brand identity
- Creating visual content to support ERYICA’s communications outputs and publications;
- Liaising with design/communications agencies and other service providers when required.
- Supporting the organisation of events, trainings activities and eLearning courses;
- Attending external events as ERYICA representative when required.
Requirements for the position:
- EU citizenship or a valid EU working permit;
- Graduate or post-graduate higher education degree in relevant discipline(s) (e.g. communication studies, media studies, journalism, public relations, digital marketing, graphic design, etc.)
- Prior experience in communications in an international/European environment (traditional and digital communications);
- Excellent command of English (written, spoken) and proficiency in at least one other European language (preferably French, German or Spanish);
- Outstanding drafting and copywriting skills in English (articles, website items, social media);
- Excellent communication and analytical skills: Ability to translate complex information into accessible content for all audiences;
- IT literacy: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress for professionals (or any web management platform), MailChimp, editing software etc.;
- Good knowledge of video/pictures editing software: InDesign, Adobe Première, Adobe Photoshop etc.
- Understanding of and commitment to ERYICA’s mission and vision;
- Knowledge of the youth field or proven interest or experience in the sector;
- High sense of priority setting, ability to react quickly and work autonomously;
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork, ability to work in a small, busy, international team;
Willingness to travel and flexibility.
- Good knowledge of the EU policy making processes;
- Experience with a European/international NGO;
- Familiarity with the Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 programmes of the European Commission.
- A full-time contract (40 working hours / week) for a fixed term of 12 months, drawn in accordance and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in force in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, where the job will be based.
- A gross monthly salary of 2,500 EUR.
- The advantageous tax and social security system of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, applicable also if you are a commuter from neighbouring countries.
- After a first period, autonomy and trust in organising your work, according to the needs of the Agency and the team.
- An inspiring, friendly, and creative work environment in an international and dynamic framework.
How to apply?
Applications should include:
- A cover letter;
- Your CV;
- Details of two persons who can be contacted for references.
Applications should be submitted to the ERYICA Director, Eva Reina: secretariat(at)eryica.org
E-mail subject:“Application Communications/Community manager 2019”
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2019
Date of interviews: End of August 2019
Starting date employment: As soon as possible
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information please read the official open call.