Deadline: 22 July 2019
Open to: citizens from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine between 25 – 35 years old
Benefits: all costs related to the program will be covered by the organizers
The Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe” of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung invites young progressive leaders aged 25-35 to apply for the 8th edition of the Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will take place from 22-28 September 2019 in Germany (Berlin and surroundings).
The 8th Academy will focus on the issue of gender and equality in the Eastern Partnership Region and Russia. A gender-based approach has become of critical importance in policymaking and the economy in the post-Soviet space. However, the extent to which gender policies have been put on the political agenda varies within the EaP region tremendously. While some countries try to adopt laws and regulations to enhance equal rights, in other states “gender” has turned into a contested term, which allegedly threatens the political and traditional values. The organizers strive to promote a debate about the opportunities and challenges of equal rights based politics with a strong focus on political and economic participation. Furthermore, the seminar is meant to include a discussion of the core elements of a proper social and family policy.
- Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine;
- Between 25 and 35 years old;
- Fluency in English;
- Young leaders from progressive political parties or social democratic youth organizations; young members of Parliaments or city councils, junior government officials, and civic activists;
- Willingness to actively take part in Alumni activities, to constantly support a growing sustainable progressive network of like-minded people and to be involved in the organization of political programs in the respective home countries;
- Participants of the previous Academies are also welcome to apply.
All costs related to the program will be covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
To apply, please fill in the application form and submit your CV to the following address: andrii.makarenko [at] fes-dee.org (the application is completed only if both documents are submitted on time).
The application deadline is July 28th, 2019 at 6 pm (Kyiv time). Later applications will not be accepted or evaluated. The results will be announced on August 2nd. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a skype interview. The organization team aims to ensure gender balance of participants in the program.
For more information, please visit the official web page.