Deadline: 30 September 2019
Open to: nationals from ASEAN Member States
Benefits: fully funded
The Plan of Action of the Asean-India Partnership for Peace, Progress and Shared Prosperity (2016-2020) supports the ASEAN Community building and integration process for a politically cohesive, economically integrated, socially responsible and a truly people-oriented. For that purpose, the plan promotes cooperation in addressing common and emerging challenges and enhancing coordination in another international forum on issues of common concern to contribute to overall peace, stability, and prosperity.
The main objectives of ASEAN-India Science, Technology and Innovation cooperation are based on the following principles:
– Encourage and promote cooperation in science, technology and innovation, including through joint research activity, and development on cross-sectoral areas such as health, communicable and emerging infectious diseases, environmental management, climate change adaptation and mitigation measures, agricultural technologies, alternative energy, biodiversity, food processing, advanced materials for development of value-added products, and space technology and applications;
– Encourage and promote cooperation in biotechnology including through capacity building and joint research and development for mutual benefit;
– Undertake activities and develop program/projects under the ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund.
– Applicant must be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
– Possess at least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
– Applicant should be working / studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
– The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
– The Applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship(RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
– Fluency in English language
– Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
– Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Government of India during last 5 years are not ELIGIBLE to apply.
Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:
– All international travel related expenses ie round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
– A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
– One-time grant of INR 40,000 (around EUR 509.11)/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges.
– The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
- The selected Fellow is advised to take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India. The cost for obtaining overseas insurance policy is covered and reimbursable under AISTDF.
- Individual Fellow, or his/ her government / institution, is required to bear the following costs:
– All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure incurred to obtain passport and visa and for medical examinations and vaccinations as may be required as well as other miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/ from the international airport of departure in the home country.
– Salary and other related allowances in the home country, if applicable, during the Fellowship period.
- Neither the AISTDF nor the host institution in India will assume any responsibility whatsoever for the following expenditure of the Fellows during the tenure of the Fellowship:
– Compensation in the event of death, disability or loss of personal belongings or compensation for damage caused by climatic or other conditions.
– Travel and other costs incurred by the dependents, who might accompany the Fellows.
How to apply?
The applications are to be submitted only ONLINE at www.aistic.gov.in. The hard copies of the application are neither required. The applications submitted through any other form or channel shall not be considered.
- For online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
– Applicants should first register in ASEAN online portal click here to register
– After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile, which includes Bio data, photo, Institute Address, etc.
– Some of the details of proposal like Project Title, Project summary, Keywords, Objectives of project, Expected output and outcome of the proposal etc have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
– Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded as a single PDF file, not more than 10 MB
- The Applicant should submit the application online along with the following enclosures:
– C.V. of Applicant
– C.V. of Indian host
– Copy of relevant pages of valid Passport
– A copy of the endorsement letter from present employer in the prescribed format
– A copy of the consent letter from any Indian scientist/ institution for hosting the applicant, if selected
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.