Deadline: 15 September 2019
Open to: citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Western Europe or the Caribbean, aged 23-35
Benefits: economy class airfare to and from Morocco, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation covered
Young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa, who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields; who want to contribute to shaping the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society, and many other areas; who are eager to network with their peers and older; and who seek to foster and strengthen ties across the Atlantic are invited to apply.
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the eighth edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sectors leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
As they believe that it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in policy making and in shaping narratives, PCNS encourages intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond, between leading experts, senior officials, and high-potential change-makers, through its Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program (ADEL).
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship youth program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 40 to 50 young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. These rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
The ADEL program will be held December 9-14, 2019 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
To be considered for this program, candidates must meet all the below criteria:
• Applicants must be between the ages of twenty-three and thirty-five (inclusive) on July 15th, the day the applications for the program open;
• Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Western Europe or the Caribbean – that is, citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin and on the African continent;
• Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English;
• Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 9th to 15th, in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
For the 40 to 50 selected participants, PCNS will cover economy class airfare to and from Morocco. In addition, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation, during the dates of the program and conference will be covered by the conference organizers.
How to apply?
Interested applicants must submit an online application form with the following materials by Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 pm Rabat time:
• A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
• A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
• The link to a one-minute YouTube video* addressing the following:
o Introduce yourself
o Why are you applying to the program?
o Do you consider yourself a leader and why?
* You can upload a video to YouTube that will only be visible by recipients of the link (unlisted option).
* All documents submitted must be written in English.
* Please make sure you start your application early as PCNS will not be responsible for technical issues that prevent you from submitting your application on time.
* Kindly note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline. There will be no exceptions made.
* Only complete applications will be accepted.
For more information, please visit the official web page.