Deadline: 30 July 2019
Open to: suitable candidates regardless of nationality, but Being a citizen of an EU country is preferred
Benefits: full-time consultancy position
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum takes a holistic approach to create sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient and considers five cohesive themes of food and livelihood initiatives, landscape restoration, rights, finance and measuring progress. It is led by the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with its co-founders UN Environment and the World Bank and Charter Members.
Charter members: CIRAD, CIFOR, Climate Focus, Conservation International, Ecoagriculture Partners, The European Forest Institute, Evergreen Agriculture, FSC, GEF, IPMG, CIAT, ICIMOD, IFOAM – Organics International, INBAR, IUFRO, Rainforest Alliance, Rare, Rights and Resources Initiative, UN Environment, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation part of Wageningen Research, World Agroforestry, World Resources Institute, WWF Germany, Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL), World Bank Group
Duties and responsibilities:
GLF is seeking a Social Media Officer to join the team. As a Social Media Officer, you will play a key role in the implementation of GLF’s global social media strategy and media outreach efforts, increasing the online presence and improving the marketing and engagement efforts. You will be working closely with high performing teams in GLF digital, editorial and outreach.
- Assist in implementing and managing GLF’s strategy for social media channels, coordinating closely with the Social Media Coordinator, Digital Strategist and Communications Coordinator;
- Assist with partner and organization outreach efforts on social media;
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing trends, practices and networks across social media to identify opportunities for strengthened engagement with boundary partners;
- Other tasks related to social media, outreach and events, as required by GLF management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. journalism, communications, international relations);
- Two (2) years of work experience in communication or journalism; international development experience is preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media channels;
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies;
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Familiarity with management systems is a plus (Asana, Slack, etc);
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written) and attention to detail;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and collaborating with a diverse team;
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a multi-city, remote team;
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability, environment and/or science communications;
- Flawless English speaker, other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian, German) are an advantage.
- This is a full-time consultancy position;
- CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that he/she complies with the local requirements for working at the posting location. Being a citizen of an EU country is preferred;
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be August 2019 – June 2020;
- The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.