Deadline: 1 October, 2020
Open to: international applicants, scholars, practitioners, journalists, and public intellectuals
Benefits: a stipend of USD 90,000 for a nine month fellowship
Applications are invited for the Woodrow Wilson Center International Fellowship Program 2020/2021. The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars aims to unite the world of ideas to the world of policy by supporting pre-eminent and linking that scholarship to issues of concern to officials in Washington.
Through an international competition, the Center offers 9-month residential fellowships. Fellows conduct research and write in their areas of expertise, while interacting with policymakers in Washington and Wilson Center staff. The Center accepts non-advocacy, policy-relevant, fellowship proposals that address key policy challenges facing the United States and the world. Fellows are expected to be in residence the entire U.S. academic year (early September through May). Occasionally, fellowships are awarded for shorter periods, with a minimum of four months. Fellowships may not be deferred.
- Citizens or permanent residents from any country (applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 visa even if they are currently in the United States). (Read more information on visas.) Please contact the Center if you have any questions about your eligibility to obtain a J1 visa;
- Women and men with outstanding capabilities and experience from a wide variety of backgrounds (including academia, business, government, journalism, law, and other professions);
- Academic candidates must be at the post-doctoral level and have published a book or monograph beyond the Ph.D. dissertation;
- Practitioners or policymakers with an equivalent level of professional achievement;
- English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellows.
The Center offers a stipend of USD 90,000 for a nine-month fellowship. Fellows are responsible for their own health insurance and travel expenses.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.